Translate

5/14/2016

UNDERWORLD PRESENTS: AJAX GARCIA

He was born on February 22 in Fresno California, currently lives in Los Angeles, California. He is a Fine Artist and Guitarist.



His first role model was Tom Jones and a year later Elvis Presley found him. He likes his style, "Elvis had the moves and knew how to shake! I like to shake".But the spark that made him start or the firestorm, according to him, occurred in a Halloween night in 1976. "I was a little boy sitting on his knees sifting through trick or treat candy when KISS came on television.I was floored and from that moment on I knew exactly where my heart was. I had difficult time recovering from my first AC/DC album also" (laughs).



His sound influences are Chuck Berry, RAMONES, AC / DC and Ace Frehley in his beginings  "I gravitate toward an abrassive guitar tone. Angus Young from AC/DC is tops and always will be in my book. I got off on a lot of cool shit like George Thorogood and the Destroyers, Muddy Waters and such as well as 1990's punk rock and garage punk bands like The Hellacopters, ZEKE, Mud Honey, Supersuckers and the Blues Explosion ". Years later he learned to appreciate the sounds that echoed in his childhood and those who resisted at first: "Mom and Dad were really diggin' the OutLaw Country thing during the late 1970's and so I was hip to Hank senior and junior, Waylon Jennings and Freddy Fender to name a few " His sound came  from all this mix and he believes he doesn't need to presume about any sound effect or pedal "I don't need them and I believe they inhibit the truth. I plug straight into my vintage JCM 800 50 watt Marshal amplifier and I use just two guitars, A TV Yellow Les Paul Special and A Les Paul Standard and that one is Heritage Cherry Sunburst".



In 1990 he formed a band called The VooDoo Tubes with participation of Baba Chenelle (The Zeros) on drums, which became The Superbees. He also played with many musicians but spends more time on his band THE NAPOLEON BLOWNAPARTS. He is currently writing and playing guitar with the band Kill My Coquette. "I just dusted off a track called "Is That You" it's a catchy lil number that I put together on the fly with the help of a friend and great musician called Christian Martuccifrom the band "STONE SOUR." Its a pretty cool tune that I am currently reworking and about to record. "



When I asked about his memorable moments in the scene, he replied that he preferred not to be boastful about it, Quite honestly I'd rather hear about your coolest moment." But I think it is fair to mention a great achievement on his journey that it was to design a logo for KISS, which was used as a brand for some products. As for the difficulties encountered in road he responded "Understanding stupid people". In that firestorm as he called it at first, he prefers to let go and just enjoy expressing itself without thinking of leaving a message or essence printed in his work: "I'd feel arrogant to suggest that I have any sort of grand "message" in what I do. I believe its best to let the people determine. ".



Another project is his design studio located in Los Angeles called "EERIE POP" in which just completed an art work for world boxing champion Floyd Mayweather. "there seems to be plans for recording some new music with Kill My Coquette but its a bit premature to share anything right now. I've also got some other projects in the making that will involve a series of paintings that I created called "TEENAGELUST ". You can see his work here:  http://www.ajaxgarcia.com




While trying not to think about the future of rock, reflects on the meaning of music. His definition is "Healing, and expression. Music takes my hurt away " He tries not to look at it as a job. "I hate working and I have no hobbies, I call it Passion" He finish signining "Honestly Ajax Garcia".


LISTEN TO HIM:







No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario